Introduction and Scope
We will only collect, use and disclose your personal information as permitted by law. Usually this will require that we obtain your consent for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information for a particular purpose. However, in certain limited circumstances your consent is not required (for example, where the collection, use or disclosure of the information is reasonable for the purposes of an investigation or legal proceeding, or where a statute or regulation authorizes or requires the collection, use or disclosure of personal information without consent). Whyworks may collect, use and disclose your personal information without your consent or knowledge in those limited circumstances where your consent or knowledge is not required by law.
Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect personal information primarily for our “Job Seeker” platform which is used to virtually create your electronic resume and connect you with jobs and employers that match your profile and relevant experience. The information we collect includes: first name; last name; home address; email address; employment history, including previous employers, job titles, and descriptions of duties; education, including programs completed; certifications; training/courses completed; professional memberships; history of military service; interests; skills; career goals; information about your ideal work environment, including ideal locations, wages and other preferences; and data from third party psychometric assessments.
We will use personal information you provide only for purposes consistent with the reason you provided it and only for which you have consented to or opted in. Whyworks will use your personal information to create and store an electronic profile of your employment skills, experience and related education, including an electronic resume, for use in our “Job Seeker” platform for matching you with potential employers and our “Candidate Canvas” dashboard, which provides a private summary of your work-life development.
Whyworks may use data from certain online personal assessment tools (described in the Disclosure section) in conjunction with your personal information to determine the potential employers who are the best matches for your personality and skills.
We also use personal information to help us develop, deliver, and improve our products, services, and content. We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our products, services, and communications.
We retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to conduct our business and until you request that your data is removed from our system or for other essential purposes, such as complying with our legal obligations. In the event you cease using the services provided on our website, but do not explicitly request that we remove your personal information from our system, we will retain such information for a period of two (2) years, in accordance with our document retention standards.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Whyworks’ platform matches job seekers with potential employers and as such, we will share your electronic resume, including the personal information you provide to us, with potential employers. Through the Whyworks platform, you are able to access our “Job Seeker” matching software whereby Whyworks will notify you of potential jobs that you may be well matched for. Only once you select “accept” will Whyworks suggest you, as a candidate, to the potential employers at which point your personal information is shared with those potential employers.
In certain circumstances we may disclose your personal information without obtaining your further consent:
- We may disclose your personal information to comply with securities or other legislation, including the disclosure of your personal information at the request of securities regulators; and
- We may disclose your personal information to comply with legislation relating to money laundering, anti-terrorism and proceeds of crime, including the disclosure of your personal information at the request of investigative authorities.
- Kolbe A™, Kolbe B™ and Kolbe C™ assessments – provided by Kolbe Corp –www.kolbe.com – Copyright © Kolbe Corp. All rights reserved.
- PRINT® assessment – provided by The Paul Hertz Group – https://www.paulhertzgroup.com – Copyright © Paul Hertz Group. All right reserved.
- CliftonStrengths® assessment – provided Gallup, Inc. https://www.gallup.com/cliftonstrengths/en/252137/home.aspx – Copyright © Gallup, Inc. All rights reserved.
- Basic Interest Marker survey – developed by Dr. James Rounds et al at the University of Illinois. Liao, H-Y., Armstrong, P. I., & Rounds, J. (2008). Development and initial validation of public domain basic interest markers [Monograph]. Journal of Vocational Behavior. 73, 159-183. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvb.2007.12.002 https://education.illinois.edu/faculty/james-roundsgtyt
- Lectical Leadership Decision Making (LDMA), LectaTests and Lectical Reflective Judgment Assessment (LRJA) – provided by Lectica, Inc. https://lecticalive.org/about/assessments#gsc.tab=0 – Copyright © Lectica, Inc. All rights reserved.
- Qualtrics Surveying platform – used to collect survey responses for the Basic Interest Marker survey. Licensed through a subscription service purchased by Whyworks. https://www.qualtrics.com/
Whyworks also uses other third-party service providers for other purposes, including PayPal for payment processing and MailChimp for email campaigns for users who have chosen to be contacted via email.
We may engage other service providers to assist us in our activities, including, without limitation, legal counsel, accountants, auditors, investment advisors and information technology service providers. It may be necessary for us to disclose your personal information to these service providers in some circumstances. When we provide personal information to services providers, we require those services providers to protect the information in the same manner as we do. These service providers may not use your personal information for any purpose other than the reason you provided it to us.
You have certain choices relating to your personal information we collect and use. You must opt-in to having your information shared with potential employers as well as to participating in any academic research studies conducted by Whyworks.
At any time, you may request that any or all of your personal data is removed from our systems and Whyworks will ensure that it is deleted from our records other than copies which are retained in our computers archival and backup servers, which will be retained in accordance with standard document retention policies.
You may also request that we provide you with access to the personal information that we hold about you. You may ask us to correct any errors or delete any of the information we have about you. We note, however, that your ability to exercise these choices is not absolute. In some circumstances (for example, if the information is protected by legal privilege or if the information was collected for an investigation or legal proceeding), we may be permitted or obliged to deny such requests. In addition, to protect your privacy and the privacy of others, we may have to verify that you are who you say you are before we can give you access to, or change, information about you.
How to Contact Us
Privacy Officer: Lisa Zeppetzauer, President and Co-Founder
- Phone: 780-504-4136
- Email: [email protected] or [email protected]